Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little unluckiness, but we sometimes see heat pump troubles in Crestview during the winter time, when they’re needed the most to keep you toasty. While you know the team at Gordon Air Conditioning will constantly be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to double check a repair is needed and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve collected this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is switched “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to realize the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t turned on, return to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat turned to heat? If yes, increase the temperature by five degrees to test if it kicks on.
- If everything looks correct, check your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that protect the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to make sure they’re not jamming things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unobstructed?
If you’ve gone through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call Gordon Air Conditioning at 850-250-0335 and we’ll restore your home back to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.