With warmer weather nearby, now is the time to prep your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is running at its best, it can save a big amount off your energy expenses! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could dramatically raise your costs and cause preventable and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Gordon Air Conditioning expert complete air conditioning service
at least each year is crucial to keeping your system operating well for a while. He or she can make sure the unit is working correctly and can identify possible problems prior to them happening, saving you even more money.
Your expert air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to arranging your skilled air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and occasionally throughout the year to be sure your air conditioner is at top performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if it was covered during colder months. Using your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it could harm your system and end with the need for big repairs or even replacement.
- Clear the area around your AC. Be sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing too close to your AC unit because they might obstruct airflow through your AC. Also make sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of it.
Throughout the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or changed during your skilled air conditioning service, it’s important for you to check them monthly and swap them out per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Each home has unique needs when it comes to air filter replacement, relying on things like owning house pets or having home construction throughout the year.
Having your ducts cleaned regularly will also make sure your air conditioner is able to work efficiently and will help you maintain a comfy home. By sticking to these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to make sure your air conditioner will be ready for whatever summer offers. Give the experts at Gordon Air Conditioning a call at 850-250-0335.