Maintaining your heat pump
is essential to keeping it functioning well and keeping you and your family comfortable during the Crestview winter. If you already called Gordon Air Conditioning for your annual check-up, you’re certainly ahead of things. If you haven’t, it’s not too late. Chat with us at 850-250-0335 to get one scheduled.
There are plenty of easy things you can do in between expert maintenance to increase the efficiency of your heat pump and keep it operating in the best shape. Try these heat pump maintenance tips:
- Yes, we’ve said it before, but we can’t highlight this enough: check your filters frequently and clean or swap them when advised. This is such a simple way to enhance the airflow through your heat pump and maintain top efficiency.
- Look to see if your coils and fans are open for ideal airflow. Diminished airflow makes your heat pump work vigorously and can damage your system’s compressor.
- Confirm that your supply and return registers are exposed and clear.
- If plants have budded up around your outdoor unit or clutter has gathered, be sure to clear the area.
- Test your thermostat often to confirm that it’s working properly. Simply turn it on and gradually increase the temperature setting until your heat pump switches on. If it doesn’t turn on, refer to our blog post on heat pump repair or additional thermostat tips, or give us a call.
Keeping you and your family warm and comfortable matters to us. For more ideas on DIY furnace maintenance or to arrange a tune-up with one of our pros, call Gordon Air Conditioning at 850-250-0335 or plan an appointment online. We’re happy to help!