Having regular air conditioning service done at least yearly can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Crestview summertime, have the experts at Gordon Air Conditioning perform your annual air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be finished during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Inspect for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, examine for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, recover any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, rather than illegally freeing it to the air.
- Inspect for efficient airflow throughout the system.
- Confirm the appropriate electric control sequence to guarantee proper sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Check the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters routinely is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that simple can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to run at top efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should check it regularly. We advise checking it every month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will bank on individual factors in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Gordon Air Conditioning today at 850-250-0335.