Summer is here! Many of us are ready for warmer weather and some peaceful summer days. To boost your comfort and truly relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a fun summer in Crestview is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While Gordon Air Conditioning always recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner running in the heat.
- First, another chance to cite the golden rule of HVAC: monitor your air filter routinely! Replace the filter according to the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the winter. Starting your air conditioner before removing the cover can seriously damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris that are close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s performance. cut the grass, get rid any debris and clear away overgrowth that blocks your unit before you turn it on this summer. remember to check the area at least monthly to keep it open and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where you need it and not leaving through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These straightforward steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If you need to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running smoothly, call Gordon Air Conditioning in Crestview at 850-250-0335 today.